Key Lime Pie With Whipped Coconut Cream
Coconut key lime pie is a refreshing and light dessert. The crust is crumbly and savory, while the filling is buttery and thick. We recommend serving key lime pie with a dollop of freshly whipped cream and lime zest. You could also flake some pie crust crumbles over top of the finished product.
Coconut lime pie, the light and fruity dessert pairs lovely with the flavors in the sort of light seafood you are sure to find on our menu. That is why we serve iconic and fresh key lime pie at Stiltsville Fish Bar. In this blog post, we will be sharing some of our chef secrets so that you can recreate your favorite sweet dish at home, almost as good as ours!
We will combine the tropical flavors of coconut with the tart sensations of fresh lime to make a fabulous key lime coconut combination. Our coconut key lime pie recipe is perfect for any summer dinner party plans or events you may have. You will be sure to wow an array of guests with this attractive entree that suits the warm weather months swimmingly.
The tropical twist of our recipe is sure to top your favorite original key lime pie recipe; if you’re sick of the plain recipe or looking to spice things up, this recipe will be perfect for you and your guests. Key lime coconut is a refreshing and summery flavor making it a favored crowd pleaser.
We will get into the recipe logistics later. But, first, we will begin to give you an overview of what makes our recipe unique.
We like to add our coconut flakes into the typical graham cracker crust for a chewy and tropical twist. It’s pretty simple to spruce up the pie crust and reveal a new flavor and texture.
We also add a coconut component to the filling to add to the summery treat. Instead of regular cream, we use coconut cream for this recipe. Not only will lactose intolerant victims favor this Coconut lime pie dairy-free alternative, but the flavors are fantastic. You could even make the dish completely dairy-free by subbing coconut cream for cream in our whipping cream recipe as well. With the guidance of our fabulous seafood bar, the world is your oyster here, no pun intended!
Coconut lovers unite. We sprinkle our pie with a Tropic favorite. To add to that final tropical twist, we will be topping our summery dessert with toasted coconut. The toasted flakes add a scrumptious crunch and Bahama-inspired bite.
Set aside an afternoon or plenty of time when you decide to take on this recipe. It is not highly complicated. However, there are some time-consuming steps. So avoid rushing by allotting at least three and a half or four hours for the complete process.
Take a trip to your local store, and be sure to gather the correct ingredients for the tasty coconut lime cream pie recipe.
- 1 1/4 cup of crumbled graham crackers
- 1/4 cup of coconut flakes
- Two tablespoons of sugar
- Five tablespoons of melted butter
- 14 oz of sweetened condensed milk
- *Pro Tip: If you want to make this dessert dairy-free, opt for coconut milk instead!
- 1/3 cup of coconut cream
- Four egg yolks
- Two teaspoons of freshly grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup of key lime juice
- *Pro-tip: You could use fresh key lime juice by juicing limes yourself. However, a specialty market will likely have bottled key lime juice, making your life a tad bit easier.
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- *Pro-tip: You can make this dessert entirely dairy-free by using full-fat coconut cream. The canned version works fabulously.
- Two tablespoons of powdered sugar
- Toasted coconut flakes to sprinkle
Coconut Key Lime Pie Recipe Instructions
- First of all, as with most recipes, you will want to preheat your oven. Turn the dial up to 350 degrees F. Prepare your dish with coconut oil cooking spray. The recipe calls for a 9-inch pie dish.
- Add the graham crackers to a food processor. Pulse the crackers, sugar, and coconut flakes with the melted butter until you are left with a fine, crumbly end product.
- *Pro-tip: If you do not have a food processor on hand, you can use a blender. Same as you would above, add your ingredients and pulse your crust ingredients until fine. Although, if you are a baking or cooking fanatic, we recommend investing in a food processor. You can make so many lovely dishes while avoiding additional chopping time.
- Move the fine crust mixture into your prepared baking dish. Press the mix into your baking pan while dispersing the crust to cover the interior of your pan. Be sure to get the sides as well.
- Transfer the pan into your preheated oven. Bake the crust for about nine minutes until it resembles a golden hue. Once your timer buzzes, transfer the pan onto a wire rack to let it entirely cool off. This could take a couple of hours.
- Pro-tip: If you are in the market to save some time, you could also put the cooked crust into the fridge for a quicker cooling process while you whip up the filling portion of this recipe.
- Now we will go on perfecting the filling. Whisk the milk, coconut cream, and yolks in a medium-sized bowl until the combination becomes thick and smooth. You could opt for an electric mixer fitted with a whisk to get the job done faster. Whisk in the key lime juice and zest for a few minutes.
- Once your crust is cool enough to touch, pour your filling mixture into the pan with the crust to complete the coconut lime cream pie. Be sure to distribute the filling evenly. We recommend using a rubber spatula to achieve the smoothie and fluffy swipe marks that resemble a professional pie. Transfer the filled pan into your 350 degrees F oven and cook for about 15 minutes.
- While your sweet and tropical pie is baking, you can get ahead by preparing the whip cream topping. Gather your cream and sugar into a medium-sized bowl. If you didn’t opt for an electric mixer before, you would need one to achieve this step. Whisk until soft peaks form and your mixture resembles whip cream. If you love vanilla flavor, you could add a teaspoon of vanilla bean extract before you whip.
- *Pro-tip: No electric mixer? No problem! Get out that handy blender again, and whip your cream at high speed. You will have symmetrical results.
- Remove your pie from the oven. Let the dish cool on either a wire rack or in the fridge for a speedier process.
- Top your pie with whip cream and toasted coconut flakes. Serve cool and impress your guests!
Save Yourself the Hassle
Do you want to beat your tropical craving with just one slice of coconut key lime pie? Are you not able to spend your day creating a culinary masterpiece? Then, make a reservation today at Stiltsville Fish Bar for a stress- and hassle-free process!
You can expect fresh and delectable seafood. Then, top your delicious meal off with one of our famous sweet treats, including our beloved key lime pie. Contact us today to secure your spot.