Mac n’ Cheese & Kid-Friendly
We get it. Kids can be picky. If you’re a parent, you probably have too much insight on this topic. However, practically everyone can relate to this issue from their own experience. Maybe you were once a picky eating child, or you at least had a friend or sibling with very sensitive and particular taste buds.
Of course, depending upon allergies, some tried, and true dishes are out there that we can label as kid-friendly. Dishes like mac n cheese, chicken tenders, and fruit snacks are fan favorites among the youth.
Kid Friendly Food Near Me
When you think about kid friendly food places, the last place to come to mind is a fish restaurant. Think again, because Stiltsville Fish Bar is here to save the day with a menu that both adults and children will love. The solution is upscaling the classic mac n cheese dish with lobster.
As long as your child has no allergies to seafood, lobster can be a great way to get protein in their diet. Lobster mac n cheese is also a great way to introduce new foods and fish to your child if they have yet to try seafood for themselves.
Did your parents ever put cheese on your broccoli in hopes you would give it a try? Dipping foods in cheese is a tested approach that is sure to leave your children full and happy.
Our approach to introducing seafood to your child’s diet is through one of our most popular dishes, lobster mac n cheese. The meal will gently introduce your child to the flavors of fish, hopefully working as a sort of gateway entre.
How to Introduce Seafood to Your Child’s Diet
The key to introducing new foods to younger children is baby steps. Mixing in seafood with one of their favorite dishes works like a kind of disguise. You can make this dish at home or come into our restaurant and try it yourself on your night off.
This time, you don’t need to worry about hiring a babysitter because you can bring your children along. Stiltsville Fish Bar prides itself as one of the most kid friendly food places. We care about our children’s customers as much as anyone else who walks through our doors.
How to Make Lobster Mac n Cheese
If your children become fans of our elevated mac n cheese, you should learn how to make lobster mac n cheese at home! The dish is not as complicated as some may think it is to master. You too can learn how to dish out this ultra-creamy and delicious meal.
Lobster Mac n Cheese is a great meal to execute after a lobster dinner the night before. You can cook a bit of extra broiled lobster or use leftovers for the mouthwatering entre. Turn one dinner into two stellar ones with our fantastic recipe listed below.
Lobster Mac n Cheese Recipe
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, separated
2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
2.5 cups of filtered water
4 cups of whole milk
1 pound of pasta noodles
1 teaspoon of sea salt
½ teaspoon of paprika
¼ teaspoon of onion powder
¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
¼ teaspoon of black pepper
1 cup of mozzarella cheese shredded
4 cups of cheddar cheese shredded
2 cups of lobster meat cut into bite-size chunks
½ cup of breadcrumbs
A handful of thinly diced chives
- Prepare a 3-quart baking dish by coating the pan with your favorite cooking spray. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, over your stovetop, melt two tablespoons of butter inside a deep pot. We will add some decent-sized ingredients, so we recommend using a relatively large pot, one you may use if you were making a whole bag of pasta.
- Add the couple tablespoons of flour to the melted butter. Whisk to combine the two thoroughly. Make sure you do not burn the butter by keeping an eye on its consistency and heat level. Avoid clumping in the flour by whisking for about 30 seconds.
- Next, whisk the milk into the mixture.
- Wait while you bring the mixture to a simmer. A simmer is occurring when tiny bubbles and hissing meets the surface of your pot. For the fun part, mix in the uncooked pasta, salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Cook the mixture until you try the pasta for readiness. Depending upon what kind of noodle you use, this step could take anywhere from 3-12 minutes.
- Test your pasta for readiness. Once the noodles are to your liking, turn the heat down to low. Pour all the cheddar and mozzarella cheese into the large pot. Stir it in as it begins to melt.
- Keep mixing until the sauce looks about done. You want it to be a very creamy texture.
- Next, fold in the previously broiled lobster chunks.
- Remember that baking dish we prepared back in step one? Now it is time to use it! Pour the pasta, lobster, and cheese mix into the prepared dish. You will want to make sure you evenly transmit the lobster mac n cheese into the dish for cooking purposes. Make sure you evenly distribute the contents by shaking the dish a couple of times. You can also eyeball it, but the goal is that you want an even layer of mac n cheese.
- Mix in the remaining two tablespoons of butter along with the breadcrumbs. We recommend using panko or previously toasted breadcrumbs, so the crunch doesn’t become soggy. These two options minimize the pieces of bread’s water absorption.
- Place your dish into your preheated oven and cook until the top is crispy and golden brown. We recommend about 10-12 minutes to do the trick.
- Once the timer rings, remove your dish from the oven. Garnish the dish with leftover broiled lobster. Be sure to sprinkle your diced chives atop the cooked dish for added freshness.
We recommend serving this dish immediately. However, it can be stored in the fridge for up to three days and reheated. If you wish to reheat the dish, we recommend using low heat not to overcook the meal.
Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Transfer your pan into the oven and cook for about 20 minutes. If you are reheating smaller portions, you will want to adjust your time. The goal here is to make sure the entree is warmed because you have cooked the dish already.
We do not recommend freezing this dish because reheated dairy is not preferable. In addition, the cheese and milk contents can unpleasantly curdle if you were to thaw the dish.
Kid Friendly Food Near Me
If you want the night off cooking duty and want to bring your kids along, you will need kid-friendly food places. Stiltsville Fish Bar is the ideal place for dinner family getaways because we serve various kid-friendly foods, including our spectacular lobster mac n cheese. So call us and book your reservation today!
Whether you try to learn how to make lobster mac n cheese or come into our restaurant for your next meal, please let us know in the comments below!